Important Commencement Day Information
In preparation for the First Lady’s visit, several updates in protocol have been made. Please be mindful of the information listed below as you make plans to arrive on campus for this year’s commencement ceremony. We want to ensure everyone has a pleasant experience during this momentous occasion.
Traffic Routes and Campus Entry Gates
The campus gates will open at 6 a.m. CST. Several roads will be closed and there are only five (5) approved on-campus routes for public traffic. There will be uniformed officers at each entry. The entrances are as follows:
- Brimmer Hall Gate entrance (known as East Gate) -Old Montgomery Road-Hwy 126
- County Road 65 entrance (known as Agricultural Lane)
- Lincoln Gates main entrance - Old Montgomery Road-Hwy 126
- Patterson Lane entrance (known as North Gate/Veterinary School Gate)
- Bioethics Gate –VA Hospital Road
Designated Public Parking Areas are:
Entrance into Chappie James Arena
- Doors will open at 8:00 a.m. CT
- Doors will close and the program will begin at approximately 11:00 a.m. CT
- Due to heightened security measures, during the event day, only ticketed guests and those on a credential list will be granted access to the Arena
- Please plan for parking and security screening to take at least 45-60 minutes. Guests are asked to bring as few personal items as possible
- Large bags, sharp objects, liquids or signs WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in the event space
- Cameras and cell phones are allowed
To view the 2015 Spring Commencement Ceremony on campus, the venues listed below will be open for seating. Signage will be placed throughout the campus to direct you to one of the available areas:
- University Chapel
- Kellogg Auditorium
- Henderson Hall Auditorium
- Logan Hall
To accommodate guests on campus who may need minor medical assistance, there will be a medical services tent set up near the Tuskegee University Chapel, across from the Booker T. Washington monument. It will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST. Ambulances will also be on campus for major medical emergencies. Bottled water will be available at stations across campus. For all major medical emergencies on campus call: 4911 from an internal phone or 334-727-8757 for outside lines.
Commencement will be streamed Live at www.tuskegee.edu/Live for those who want to watch it on their computers, iPads or cell phones.