Posting Date: October 1, 2013 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Location: College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
(This is a full-time)
Young innovative and motivated immunologist is being sought to join a research team engaged in the study of failures in T cell education and their effect on the development of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Conduct experiments independently.
- Collaborate with others on experiments within the focus of the research project.
- Contribute to the technical design, and execution of independent and collaborative experiments.
- Make detailed observations during research, analyze data and interpret results.
- Maintain a good and detailed laboratory notebook.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Contribute to the project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- Participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Must be willing to work with live animals (mice).
- Must accurately prepare solutions for general laboratory use.
- Must train students in proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Must guide and oversee student experiments.
- Must place orders for laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Must oversee and maintain the laboratory.
- Must contribute to the writing of publications and grants.
- Ph.D degree in Biology.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with basic immunology research techniques (immunofluorescent staining; microscopy; flow cytometry; cell culture; ELISA; Spectrophotometry etc).
- Knowledge of laboratory management and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling rules.
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations in scientific oral and poster format.
- Ability to plan, organize and relate well with others.
- Computer knowledge and experience in all programs within Microsoft Office.
- Must be a team player
Additional Desirable Qualification
Publication and grant writing skills
Commensurate with training, experience and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission.
Human Resources Department
Attn: M. Martinez
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.