Posting Date: September 18, 2013 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Research Associate - Chemical Engineering
Location: Environmental Engineering Laboratory
Division of Global Initiatives and Department of Chemical Engineering
Analytical Chemistry & Carbon Cycle Research
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the running, maintenance, trouble-shooting, and efficient operations of HPLC/MS and GC/MS research equipment
- Vigorously develop a new project in soil carbon dynamics (carbon cycling) and its impact on climate change phenomena. This will be in partnership with collaborating researchers at the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, Auburn University, and NASA-Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL.
- Participate, and sometimes lead in developing and writing grant proposals in response to solicitations.
- Assist in the conduct of research on the analysis of active ingredients in plant-based pharmaceuticals and natural products
- Write progress reports to granting agencies, and scholarly articles for journal publication
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students
- A PhD or equivalent degree in analytical chemistry, chemical or environmental science and engineering is required. A self-motivating researcher with excellent record of scholarly productivity, and needing minimal supervision is a critical requirement for this position. Position is renewable on an annual basis depending on productivity and availability of funding
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission.
Human Resources Department
Attn: N. Egiebor
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.