Posting Date: December 16, 2013 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Location: Department of Nursing
(This is a full-time position)
The Department of Nursing invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor rank beginning January 2014. The Nursing program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and has full approval of the Alabama Board of Nursing.
Tuskegee University seeks one (1) full-time faculty member to teach in its baccalaureate program in Nursing. The Nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and has full approval by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Teach in the classroom and clinical settings
- Maintain appropriate scholarship and clinical competency commensurate with their academic responsibilities
- Engage in academic advising
- Assist the department with administrative functions
- Participate in program assessment and evaluation
- Serve on committees at the Department/College and/or University levels
- Maintain appropriate scholarship and clinical competency
- MSN degree with clinical emphasis; and
- Three recent years of sustained clinical experience in Maternal –Infant Nursing
- Two years of teaching experience in nursing education is required
- An earned doctorate, or progress towards completion (ABD), in nursing or another related field is preferred; and will be required to achieve tenure/promotion.
- Eligible for RN licensure in Alabama
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references, curriculum vitae, and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission.
Human Resources Department
Attn: D. Holeman
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.