Posting Date: March 16, 2015 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Office of Human Resources (OHR)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Administrative Assistant in the Office of Human Resources will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellency. The work load associated with this job comes in ebbs and flows, with some periods being more rigorous/stressful than others. This job requires knowledge of Human Resource Management, flexibility, effective communication skills, exceptional customer service and the ability to multitask as personnel needs are sometimes spontaneous.
President Johnson’s Vision Document
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as the Assistant to the Director/Assistant Director of Human Resources by assisting with the following processes:
- Manage the daily transactional operations of the Office of Human Resources (e.g. maintain confidential information, tracking Personnel Action Forms and Contracts, distributing mail, directing correspondences, position announcements, assisting with application completion and employment verification).
- Prepare and process personnel paperwork and purchase order requisitions in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain personnel files and HRIS database for tracking/reporting the status of current and former employees.
- Manage the HR Calendar including departmental communications, schedule meetings/interviews, and annual compliance reporting requirement reminders.
- Maintain Director of Human Resource calendar to include scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Assist the Director in budget fiscal management including maintaining records of requisitions, purchase orders, tracking project budget expenses, check requests, procurement and maintenance of office supplies.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Office of Human Resources staff.
- Assist in the preparations for meetings including campus wide trainings, committee meetings for Director/Assistant Director, strategic partner site visits and internal/external related meetings.
- Record and prepare minutes for meetings of the OHR Department and other committee meetings as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of the Office of Human Resources brochures, bulletins, recruitment/benefit packets and manage the OHR webpage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MS degree highly preferred, Bachelor’s degree desired, Associates degree or equivalent mandatory with at least three to five years of experience.
- Reliable cell phone access in order to be contacted during and after business hours in event immediate access is necessary.
- Knowledge of office management procedures and basic office skills.
- Experience with PC computers, multi-line phones, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleAdmin, Outlook, Adobe and Ellucian/Datatel. Must also be familiar with Google applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (such as fax machine, copier, telephone answering system).
- Ability to compose/type letters and documents proficiently.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be courteous and professional to all staff, faculty, vendors, visitors, alumni and students who interact with the Office of Human Resources.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.**
Commensurate with education, training and experience.
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University cover letter of interest, resume/cv, list of three (3) to five (5) references with contact information and a copy of unofficial transcript(s) for the educational requirements with the submission. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Incomplete application and/or application packets will not be considered. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
Attn: Administrative Assistant (OHR)
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.