Posting Date: February 26, 2015 Posting End Date: March 26, 2015
Position: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Admissions Counselor/Recruiter will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellency.
President Johnson’s Vision Document
The Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management is currently seeking an admission counselor to recruit a specific targeted group of students.
- Report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management
- Travel and represent Tuskegee University at high school visits, college fairs, community colleges, community activities, career days and other special events that are designed to recruit/admit prospective students
- Review applications and make admission decisions based on Tuskegee University admission policies
- Maintain contact with applicants utilizing all available communication tools to ensure completion of the application and to increase yield of accepted students
- Plan, implement and evaluate recruitment activities
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of Admissions and designated university departments
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school and other guidance counselors/officers
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to prospective students, parents, counselors, alumni and other interested individuals
- Maintain follow-up contacts and distribute campus resource materials
- Work collaboratively with the University policies and programs
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- One year of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
- Must be willing to travel nights and weekends
- Ability to be responsive to the needs of students, parents, counselors, alumni, etc.
- Knowledge of computer and other related equipment (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), etc.
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), and human relations skills
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission. Incomplete application and/or application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a completed application in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
Attn: C. Griffin
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.