Posting Date: February 13, 2013 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Benefits Coordinator Location: Office of Human Resources
Position Purpose: This position reports to the Human Resources Director and has responsibility for the administration and coordination of all employee benefit programs for the University faculty, staff, and retirees. This is a full-time position
1. Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; major medical and dental plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies.
2. Maintains enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans and prepare monthly check requests for payment of benefits to vendors.
3. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance and assist in preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
4. Responds to benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution for all employees.
5. Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
6. Recommends new or modified plans. Develops census data and solicits insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations to management. Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
7. Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Conducts employee benefit information workshops for local personnel. Recommends revisions.
8. Maintains enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans and prepare monthly check requests for payment of benefits to vendors.
9. Administers the Open Enrollment Period, conducts Open Enrollment Briefings, and workshops to educate, and re-educate employees on existing benefits, updates, and changes.
Functions as a generalist and may support other functions within the human resources department.