Posting Date: February 11, 2014 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Curriculum Development Research Coordinator
Location: Provost/Tuskegee University Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
(This is a Full-Time Position)
The Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning seeks a Curriculum Development Research Coordinator to assist faculty and staff in the design and development of curricula and course materials that take advantage of instructional technologies and apply the best practices in teaching and learning.
- With direction from the Center Director, plan and implement the ongoing assessment of program and student learning outcomes ; design and implement applied research and development projects, and disseminate the research results;
- Assist with grant proposals by identifying research topics, designing research projects, identifying the needs of the field, and designing innovative tools and programs,
- Collection, analysis, and dissemination of data to improve the Center’s impact on the academic community;
- Assist the Center by providing technical assistance in areas such as research design, statistical analysis, and psychometrics related to teaching and learning,
- Identify grant opportunities for scholarship of teaching and learning,
- Network with other institutions offering faculty development and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Monitor and evaluate faculty teaching performance;
- Track program development; ensures that any problems are addressed and resolved quickly;
- Conduct classroom observational research to evaluate the instructional processes;
- Coordinate the organizing, designing, and production of teaching and classroom materials;
- Recommend the purchase of instructional materials, technology and supplies that are designed to meet educational needs and standards;
- Formalize quality assurance review processes of all existing and new programs;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Expressed commitment to the mission of Tuskegee University
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology or a related field and three years’ experience of designing, implementing, and coordinating curriculum development initiatives to improve student learning; or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research studies and evaluation;
- Expertise in SPSS and Excel
- Demonstrated experience: developing curriculum; designing, implementing and assessing faculty development initiatives and programs; utilizing learning management systems (Blackboard), interactive and multimedia applications, authoring tools and standard packages.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate highly organized multi-tasking skills in a deadline driven environment;
- Ability to identify, compile, evaluate, synthesize, and translate into practice research findings relevant to teaching and learning;
- Effective management skills-responsible for overseeing projects and participants,
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and polished presentations skills are a must.
- Must be a team player
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission.
Human Resources Department
Attn: W. Hill / J. Sumbry
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.