Posting Date: February 26, 2015 Posting End Date: March 26, 2015
Location: Counseling Center
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Secretary will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellency.
President Johnson’s Vision Document
- Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as; scheduling appointments, drafting correspondence, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Greet and handle inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Complete forms in accordance with University procedures, order departmental supplies, and maintain inventory.
- Take minutes at meetings: compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned by Director
- High School graduate
- Prefer minimum of two years
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer relation/customer service skills required
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission. Incomplete application and/or application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a completed application in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
Attn: June Samuel
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.