Posting Date: February 26, 2015 Posting End Date: March 26, 2015
Position: Sports Information Director
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Sports Information Director will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellency.
President Johnson’s Vision Document
The Department of Athletics at Tuskegee University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Sports Information Director. This position entails a heavy emphasis with, and working knowledge of, all aspects of Social Media. It requires afternoon, night, weekend hours combined with business hours.
- Handling of sports media relations for all 12 Varsity Intercollegiate Sports
- Maintaining and providing daily content for the University’s Athletics website
- Developing media guides and supporting materials
- Producing press releases
- Pitching athletics stories to local and regional media
- Hometown features for student-athletes
- Compiling and distributing stats for individuals
- Coaching staff members and teams and managing all athletic department press releases
- Responsible for all re-design of website when necessary
- Daily tweets, Facebook and Instagram updates are required
- Responds daily to statistical and other report requirements for the NCAA, SIAC, COSIDA, and intercollegiate opponents
- Maintains statistical information, historical data and photos for all sports programs.
- Provides pregame and postgame statistical information to media and opponents
- Provides oversight to organization of team/departmental videos and photography
- Serves as departmental liaison to the University’s Office of Communications, Public Relations & Marketing
- Promoting the University’s intercollegiate athletic teams by providing press releases, statistics and other pertinent information to media outlets and maintaining and updating the athletic web site
- Compiling, maintaining and providing statistical information for a variety of sources; writing articles for internal and external publications; developing home game programs, tournament booklets; assisting with the coordination of special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and/or Communication or another related field Master’s Degree Preferred
- Ability to travel and attend evening, weekend games and events is required
- Must have Sports writing experience
- Prior experience working in a college athletic environment is preferred.
- Familiarity and understanding of Sidearm Sports web content management system
- Extensive computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Indesign, StatCrew.
- Photography and video knowledge
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant should complete a Tuskegee University employment application, and submit (3) letters of references and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirements with the submission. Incomplete application and/or application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a completed application in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
Attn: C. Campbell
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.