Posting Date: February 14, 2013 Posting End Date: Opened Until Filled
Position: University Safety Officer
Location: Executive Vice President/Provost Office
The University Safety Officer is responsible to the Executive Vice President/Provost for specific safety issues. This is a full-time position.
- Coordinate campus environmental safety issues with campus security personnel and local fire and safety offices
- Provide educational training and consultation on procedural guidelines for the proper use and handling of hazardous chemicals, chemical hygiene, laboratory safety practices and general operating procedures
- Develop materials, resources and federally mandated practices on the handling, storage and disposal of hazardous waste
- Assist the University community with regulatory compliance by identifying opportunities to improve campus safety, emergency preparedness and fire prevention.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- College graduate or equivalent relevant experience
- At least, several years of relevant work experience
- Ability to operate standard office machines
- Familiarity with various computer software packages, (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, campus management
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of basic communication skills including grammar, punctuation
- Must be a team player
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plan
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources Management, 101 Kresge Center, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama 36088 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. FAX: 334-724-4319. Each applicant should submit (3) letters of reference and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.