Annual Farmers Conference
124th Annual Farmers Conference — February 18-19, 2016
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center
The Farmers Conference at Tuskegee University is often cited as the oldest event of its type in the nation. The first Farmers Conference, originally called the “Peoples Conference” was hosted on this historic campus on February 23, 1892. This conference exists today as a two-day educational forum that features tours, panel discussions, interactive demonstrations and concurrent workshops.
The theme for this years conference is "100 Years after Booker T. Washington, A Century of Agriculture and Education in the South"
These sessions address emerging issues surrounding small farmers, farm families and rural communities. Unique conference features and events include but are not limited to:
- Annual Meeting of the State Extension Advisory Council
- Sustainable Practices for Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Workshop
- T.M. Campbell Memorial Banquet
- Merit Farm Family Luncheon
- Youth in Agriculture Forum
- Effective Marketing Tools for Agricultural Products Workshop
- Community Health and Fitness Expo
- Updates on Affordable Healthcare Issues