Tuskegee-Macon County Community Development Corporation (TuskMacCDC)
"Remembering Our Past to Determine Our Future!"
- to facilitate successful strategic planning and vibrant community development opportunities in and around our historically and culturally rich cities/towns of Tuskegee, Shorter, Franklin, and Notasulga, as they interface with the larger natural landscape of Macon County
- to reinvigorate a community of legacy and innovation,
- to maximize tourism, commercial, educational and inventiveness
- to enhance overall quality of life for the Macon County community
The Tusk-Mac CDC was initiated in 1997 with the purpose of strengthening Tuskegee University's involvement in the greater Tuskegee-Macon County community. With a HUD-HBCU grant and additional resources from a plethora of partners, a CDC structure has been in place since 1998. The Tusk-Mac CDC now operates under the guidance of a 14-person Board of Directors.
- To create a public private partnership to develop "The Tuskegee Gateway" and the Old Montgomery Road revitalization project.
- To create a strategic blueprint to enhance the Tuskegee National Forest, Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site, and other Tourist attractions, with connectivity points of interest to and through the entire corridor/exit development;
- To ensure accurate, favorable and highly complimentary Economic, Commercial, Retail and Industrial character enhancements to the development that will drive better quality of life.
We also solicit the help of established institutions to help us promote large-scale development projects as a regional tourism/retail destination to help businesses in our area and increase tourism dollars spent in the region and our community.
608 NW Dibble Street
Tuskegee, Alabama 36083
Phone: (334) 725-8496
Fax: (334) 727-9995