Recent IA/CD Research Grants:
1. NSF: Collaborative Research: Strengthening the National Cyber Security Workforce, NSF CyberCorp (R) Scholarship for Service
Program (SFS)-Scholarship Program, 2017-2021.
2. NSF: ITEST Strategies: The Tuskegee Partnership to Provide Technology Experiences through Aerial Drones in High Schools of the Alabama Black Belt, 2016-2019.
3. NSF: Strategies: The Eyes Say it All: Using web page design and eye-tracking technology to learn STEM concepts, research skills, and human factors, 2013-2018.
4. NSF: Collaborative Research: Capacity Building through Curriculum and
Faculty Development on Mobile Security, NSF Scholarship for Service
Program (SFS), 2012-2016.
5. DHS: Portable Smart Platforms for Detection of Biological Pathogens and
Chemicals, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Scientific Leadership
6. DoD: System Engineering Using Secure Open Source Technology, Auburn University/DOD, 2011-2012.
7. NSF: Collaborative Project: Teaching Cryptography through Hand-on Learning and Case Studies, NSF, 2010-2013.
8. NSF: Collaborative Project: CI-TEAM Implementation Project: A Digital
Forensics Cyberinfrastructure Workforce Training Initiative for
America's Veterans, NSF, 2008-2012.
Recent IA/CD Publications:
1. Qian, K, Shahriar, H, Wu, F., Tao, L and Qian, Y, Promote Secure Mobile Software Development(SMSD) Education with a Hands-on Learning Approach, 22nd ACM Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE 2017), 2017, Bologna, Italy, July 1-5, 2017 (Under Review).
2. Qian, K, Shahriar, H, Li, L, Wu, F, and Bhattacharya, P., Learning Database Security with Hands-on Mobile Labs, IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC), Princeton, NJ, March 11, 2017 (Under Review).
3. Yang, Y. G., Wu, F., and Liu, Y., Design and Implementation of a Remote Resident Power Monitor and Control System, IEEE Potentials, Vol.: 34, No.: 4, July/August, 2015.
4. Wu, F., Narang, Hira, and Clarke, D, An Overview of Mobile Malware and Solutions, the Journal of Computer and Communications, Volume 2, No. 12, October, 2014.
5. Wu, F., Chen, C.H., and Clarke, D, Sensitive Data Protection on Mobile Devices, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA) Volume 5 Issue 9, October, 2014.
6. Buckley, I., and Wu, F, Security Policies for Securing Cloud Databases, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA) Volume 5 Issue 6, June, 2014..
7. Wu, F., Agu, E., Lindsay, C., and Chen, C.H., On Balancing Energy Consumption, Rendering Speed, and Image Quality on Mobile Devices., International Journal of Handheld Computing Research, 3rd issue, July, 2010.
8. Chen, C.H., Narang, H., Designing an Undergraduate Cryptography Course, Proceedings, the International Conference on Frontier Education in Computer Science and Engineering (FECS 2010), July, 2010. Las Vegas, NV
9. Chen, C.H. and Chen, M.H., Secondary User Authentication Based on Mobile Devices Location, Proceedings, the International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN'10), July, 2010, Las Vegas, NV.
10. Narang, H., and Chen, C.H., Introducing Cryptography Course in Compute Science, Proceedings, The ACMSE 2010 Conference, April 15, 2010.
11. Wu, F., Chen, C.H., and Narang, H., An Efficient Acceleration of Symmetric Key Cryptography Using General Purpose Graphics Processing Unit, Proceedings, the International Conference on Secureware, (SECURWARE) July, 2010, Italy
12. Lester, C. and F. Jamerson. Designing an undergraduate software engineering project to include software security concepts. Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice. Las Vegas, NV, July 13 -16.
Lester, C. and F. Jamerson. Incorporating software security into an undergraduate software engineering course. Proceedings of the International Conference on Secureware. IEEE Computer Society Press. 2009.
13. Chia-Lin Chen, Elijah Mike, and Fan Wu, Investigating Forensic Software Solutions to Acquire Information from Mobile Devices, in the proceeding of 2010 International Conference on Security and Management (SAM-2010)
14. Ali, M., Jangum, D., The Development of a Security Engineering Course at Tuskegee University, The 2009 International Conference on Security and Management, July 2009.