Information Systems Requirements
COMPUTER SCIENCE MAJORS
Summary of Requirements –Information Systems Option
University Requirements (4 credit hours)
- Orientation – OREN 0100 (1 credit hour) and OREN 0101 (1 credit hour)
- Physical Education – 2 PHED courses for 2 credit hours.
- English Proficiency Exam – Take during sophomore year after ENGL102
Humanities Requirements (19 credit hours)
- Specified courses: ENGL 0101 (3 credit hours), ENGL 0102 (3 credit hours),
- ENGL 0203/0204 (3 credit hours), PHIL 0203 (3 credit hours), HUMN I (2 credit hours, See Suggested Electives), and HUMN II (3 credit hours, See Suggested Electives). One additional course (2 credit hours) can be selected from any Humanities electives.
Social Science Requirements (18 credit hours)
- Specified courses: History 0103 (3 credit hours), History 0104 (3 credit hours), and
- ECON 0201(3 credit hours)
- Additional courses (9 credits hours) should be elected from: Economics (ECON), History (HIST), Geography (GEOG), Political Science (POLS), Psychology (PSYC), Sociology (SOCI), and Social Work (SOWK).
Natural Science Requirements (12 credit hours)
- These credits should be elected from the following departments: Biology (BIOL), Chemistry (CHEM), and Physics (PHYS). Course work in natural science must include the equivalent of a two-semester sequence (with lab) for science majors. The PHYS 310 and 311 sequence is strongly recommended.
Mathematics Requirements (15 credit hours)
- MATH 0107 (4 credit hours) and MATH 0108 (4 credit hours), MATH 0227 (4 credit hours) and CSCI 0300 (3 credit hours)
- Some students are exempted from MATH 0107 and MATH 0108 based on Mathematics placement policy and/or SAT/ACT (math) scores. If so, the credits must be compensated with Natural Science electives, Computer Science electives or other Mathematics Courses.
Computer Science Requirements (47 credit hours)
- Specified CSCI Courses (33 credit hours): CSCI 0150, CSCI 0210, CSCI 0212, CSCI 0220, CSCI 0225, CSCI 0230, CSCI 0315, CSCI 0340, CSCI 0370, CSCI 0405, CSCI 0415.
- Four CSCI elective: (12 credit hours).
- Senior Seminar: CSCI 451 & 452 (2 credit hours).
Business Requirements (15 credit hours)
- Specified Business courses: BUSN 0211, BUSN 0212, BUSN 0331, BUSN 0406, ECON 0300
* CSCI 150 is to replace CSCI 100 in Computational Skills Category.