Student Life at Brimmer College
Tuskegee University student life programs offer more than 100 academic, professional, civic, social and other organizations, including: the Student Government; fraternities and sororities; The Golden Voices Concert Choir; and the Crimson Piper Marching Band. Tuskegee competes in the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference in15 men's and women's sports.
Classroom study is supplemented with real-world applications, including case competitions and conferences with Fortune 500 companies like, Proctor & Gamble, 3M Corporation and the Ford Motor Company. The annual Tuskegee University Business and Engineering (TUBE) Conference, held jointly with the College of Engineering brings more than 30 companies and recruiters to campus for a 3 day professional development and technical skills conference.
Professional organizations allow students the opportunity to develop leadership skills and to interact with business professionals. The following organizations are sustained by the College:
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) - Dr. C.L. Chen, Advisor
- Finance Club - Dr. Seth Anderson, Advisor
- Hospitality Club - National Society for Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH) - Dr. Stephen Lonis-Shumate, Advisor
- Institute of Management Accountants- Tuskegee University Chapter- Dr. R. Guttikonda, Advisor
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) - Mr. Johnny Johnson, Advisor
- National Student Business League - Mr. Iverson Gandy, Advisor
- Sales & Marketing Club/Pi Sigma Epsilon - Mr. Anthony Freeman, Advisor
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) - Dr. Leo Upchurch, Advisor
- Tuskegee University Business Law Club (TUBLC) - Mr. Iverson Gandy, Advisor
In addition, there are three national honor societies that students may be nominated to join.
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (Computer Science) - Dr. C.L. Chen, Advisor
- Beta Gamma Sigma (Business and Economics) - Dr. Tejinder Sara, Advisor
- Eta Sigma Delta (Hospitality Management) - Dr. S. Lonis-Shumate, Advisor
Each September, approximately 100 employers from the public, private, and non-profit sectors participate in the annual Tuskegee University Career Fair. The Career Fair offers Tuskegee University students the opportunity to compete for internships, cooperative education, and permanent employment opportunities. Companies such as 3M, Raytheon, General Motors, Proctor & Gamble, and Union Pacific Railroad participate in the Career Fair annually.