Faculty Research Activities and Capabilities
Ali, Syed F.
New Strategies for Training of pilots on Flight Simulators; Human Factors Engineering; Integrating Design, Teamwork, Research and Interdisciplinary Contents in Undergraduate Engineering Curriculum; Study of mixing in turbulent air flow with heat as a contaminant; Hot-wire Anemometry and measurement of fluctuating temperature in Aerodynamic Flows.
Harris, Vascar G.
Aerodynamics, Technology Transfer, Design
Khan, Javed M.
Configuration Aerodynamics, Vortical Flows, Aircraft Design, Laser Doppler and Particle Image Velocimetry, human factors
Ongoing research and design projects
- Human-Computer Visualization for developing the 3D visualization skills of military personnel, Co-PIs: Dr. Mohammad Javed Khan, Dr. Marcia Rossi, Army STTR PhII 2005-2007
- Developing interdisciplinary undergraduate courses and providing interdisciplinary research experiences to undergraduate students. Dr. Mohammad Javed Khan, Dr. Marcia Rossi, NSF HBCU-UP, 2004-2009
- Multi-aircraft simulation, PI: Dr. Mohammad Javed Khan, Co-PI: Dr. Syed Firasat Ali, NASA Ames, 2004-2007
- Development and Assessment of Novel Training Package for Basic Maneuvering Tasks on a Flight Simulator using Self-Instruction Methods and Above RealTime Training, PI, Dr. Syed Firasat Ali, Co-PI's Dr. Marcia Rossi, Dr. Mohammad Javed Khan, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center under the program, Faculty Award for Research, 2002-2005
- Effects of Self Instruction Methods and Above Real Time Training (ARTT) for Maneuvering Tasks on a Flight Simulator, Dr. Syed Firasat Ali, Dr. Marcia Rossi, Dr. Mohammad Javed Khan, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, Currently in progress for completion in February 2003
- Building an Effective Educational Bridge between Tuskegee University (TU) and University of Cincinnati (UC) Nuclear and Radiological Program, PI Dr. Pradosh Ray(MENG), Co-PI TU: Dr. Syed Firasat Ali, US Department of Energy, Currently in progress for completion in October 2004