Books & Chapters
To date, a total number of 3 books and 16 book chapters have been published by the Department of Materials Science and Engineering faculty.
- Guest Editors: Mahesh V. Hosur, Julie Chen (University of Massachusetts, Lowell), of the Special Issue of Journal of Composite Materials on Design and Manufacturing of Composites, Vol. 38, Issue 21, November 2004
- Developments in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Proceedings of the Twenty Second Southeastern Regional Conference on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (SECTAM XXII), Volume XXII, Editors: Hassan Mahfuz, Mahesh V. Hosur, ISBN 0-615-12639-1, August 2004.
- A. Pelegri, W.S. Chan, A. Haque, M. V. Hosur (editors)., Durability and Damage Tolerance of Composite Materials and Structures, ISBN No.0-7918-1641-9, Library of Congress Number 99-75419, New York, ASME Technical Publication Press, 1999, pp. 178.
Return to the Materials Science & Engineering home page
- Vijaya K Rangari, ‘Synthesis of Ag/CNT-polymer nanocomposites,” in Synthesis Techniques of Polymer Nanocomposites, to be published by Wiley VCH.
S. Zainuddin, M.V. Hosur, S. Jeelani, Ashok Kumar, J. Trovillion, Improving the durability of advanced fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites using nanoclay, Advanced fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites for structural applications, Edited by Jiping Bai, ISBN 0 85709 418 1, ISBN-13: 978 0 85709 418 6, September 2013.
Mahesh Hosur, Farhan Chowdhury, Shaik Jeelani, “Effects of Fabrication Processes and Nanoclay Inclusion on Performance of Woven Carbon/Epoxy Composite Laminates,” in Computational and Experimental Methods in Structures published by Imperial College Press/World Scientific edited by Ferri M.H.Aliabadi, submitted in August 2013.
Shaik Zainuddin, Mahesh Hosur, Ashok Kumar and Shaik Jeelani, “Effects of ultraviolet radiation and condensation on static and dynamic compressive behavior of nanophased glass/ epoxy composites,” book chapter in Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Composites for Infrastructure Applications, Editors: Ravi Jain, Luke Lee, ISBN 978-94-007-2356-6, Publisher: Springer, 2012, pp. 91-111.
Mahesh V. Hosur, “Enhancement of Thermal, Thermomechanical and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber Reinforced and Sandwich Composites through Nanophased Epoxy/Foam,” in Recent Advances in Polymer Nanocomposites, Editors: S. Thomas, G. E. Zaikov, S. V. Valsaraj, Publisher, Koninklijke Brill NV, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2009, pp. 285-336.
- Vijaya Kumar Rangari, Developments in Nanocomposites (ISBN: 978-981-08-3711-2), chapter on Alignment of acicular nanoparticles in Nylon-6 polymer fibers through extrusion process and its thermal and mechanical properties, Editor; Kama K Kar, Research Publishing Services Innovative Partners for Publishing Solutions, SINGAPORE: #10-589, Blk 236, Tampines St. 21, Singapore 520236
- Vijaya Kumar Rangari “Nanocomposite Materials, Theory and Applications. Chapter 3 on Polymer nanocomposite materials for various structural applications, InTech, Open Access Publisher ISBN 978-953-307-165-7, Book edited by: Dr. Boreddy Reddy
- Yuanxin Zhou, VijayaRangari, ShaikJeelani, Hassan Mahfuz, “Composite Materials Research Progress. An Experimental and Analytical Study of Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Modified By SiC Nanoparticle,” Pub. Date: 2008 1st Quarter, ISBN: 1-60021-994-2.
- Yuanxin Zhou, “An Experimental and Analytical Study of Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Modified By SiC Nanoparticle,” (Chapter 4) in the book Composite Materials Research, Edited by Lucas P. Durand, Nova Science Publishers, 2008.
- “Improvement in Thermal, Mechanical and Electric Properties of Multi-wall Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Epoxy and Carbon/epoxy Composite,” (Chapter 12) in book New Nanotechniques, Edited by A. Malik and R.J. Rawat, Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
- “Fabrication and characterization of polypropylene fiber reinforced by carbon nanofiber,” (Chapter 12) in book Nanofibers: Fabrication, Performance, and Applications, Editors by W. N. Chang Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
- Yuanxin Zhou, “Improvement in Thermal, Mechanical and Electric Properties of Multi-wall Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Epoxy and Carbon/epoxy Composite” (Chapter 12) in book New Nanotechniques, Edited by A. Malik and R.J. Rawat, Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
- Yuanxin Zhou, “Fabrication and characterization of polypropylene fiber reinforced by carbon nanofiber” (Chapter 12) in book Nanofibers: Fabrication, Performance, and Applications, Editors by W. N. Chang Nova Science Publishers, 2009.
- Yuanxin Zhou, “Fabrication and Characterization of Vapor Grown Carbon Nano Fiber Filled Carbon Fiber Reinforced Epoxy” (Chapter 4) in the book Focus on Materials Science Research, Edited by Dita V. Rosse, Nova Science Publishers, 2007.
- Hassan Mahfuz, Shaik Zainuddin. Mohammed F. Uddin, Vijaya K. Rangari and Shaik Jeelani, “Fatigue of Pure and Nanophased Sandwich Composites Under Shear Loading,” Sandwich Structures 7: Advancing with Sandwich Structures and Materials, ISBN 978-1-4020-3848-8, Publisher: Springer, pp. 183-192, Netherland 2006.
- Hassan Mahfuz, “Structural Nanocomposites,” in Nanoengineering of Structural, Functional, and Smart Materials,” (Eds Mark Schulz, Ajit Kelkar and Mannur Sundaresan), Catalog no. 1653, May 2005, 712 pp., ISBN: 0-8493-1653-7, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.