Mechanical Engineering Department
Phone: (334) 727-8983
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1995
M.S. Mechanical Engineering, , Knoxville , University Tennessee, 1989
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University Tennessee Knoxville, 1986
Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Alabama
Research and Teaching Interests
Engineering Education, Product Development, Mechanical System Design, Applications of Mechatronics in Machine Design, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, and CAD/CAM/CAE.
1. R. Gerlick, D. Davis, S. Beyerlein, J. McCormack, P. Thompson, O. Harrison, and M.
Trevisan, “Assessment Structure and Methodology for Design Processes and Products in
Engineering Capstone Courses,” Proceedings of ASEE Annual Conference, 2008.
2. Davis, Denny; S. Beyerlein, O. Harrison, P. Thompson, M. Trevisan, "Assessments for Three Performance Areas in Capstone Engineering Design." Poster presented at the 2007 ASEE Annual Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.
3. Harrison, Olakunle, V. Deanes, “Enhancing Engineering Problem Solving Skills in a Mechatronics Course,” Proceedings of the 2005 American Society for Engineering Education Conference, Portland, Oregon, 2005
4. Chen, C., O. Harrison, and A.K. McKinney, “Investigation of Fluid-borne Noise Reduction in Automotive Hydraulic Power Steering Systems”, Proceedings of Developments in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, pp. 193-201, Vol. XXII, 2004.
5. Harrison, Olakunle, “Stimulating Student Interest Using Automotive Systems Design”, Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, 2002.
6. Harrison, Olakunle, Hands-On = Minds-On: Bringing Mechatronics to Life without Laboratory Time, Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, Southeast Section, 2002.
American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Member