Dr. Pradosh K. Ray, Ph. D, P. E.
Professor & Head
Phone: (334) -727-8920
Ph. D. Nuclear Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1975
M.S. Nuclear Engineering, University of London, England, 1968
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, India, 1964
• Professional Engineer, State of Alabama
• Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
• Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
• Member, American Nuclear Society
• Member, American Society of Engineering Education
• 1987 - Present: Head of Mechanical Engineering, Tuskegee University
• 1983 - Present: Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Tuskegee University
• 1980 - 1983: Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Tuskegee University
• 1976 - 1980: Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Tuskegee University
• 1968 - 1969: Engineer, Matthew Moody Ltd., Montreal, Canada
• 1965 - 1966: Engineer, P.C. Chanda & Company Ltd., Calcutta, India
• 1964 - 1965: Engineer, Braithwaite & Company Ltd., Calcutta, India
Low-energy ion-solid interactions, electric rocket propulsion, space nuclear power, course, curriculum, and laboratory development, assessment methods.
Have over 30 years of experience in funded research from various agencies. Have extensive experience in course, curriculum and laboratory development with funding support from NSF, DOE, Army Research Office, and many industrial partners.
Have over 40 presentations at conferences and publications in refereed journals. Some relevant publications in course and curriculum development and assessment methods are given below. Co-author of:
1. “Revision of an Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Curriculum,” Presented at the 4th INTER-TECH International Conference, Valencia, Venezuela, September, (1996).
2. “Design for Manufacturing and Assembly of Advanced Composites”, Presented at the 11th Canadian Conference on Engineering Education, Halifax, Canada, July, (1998).
3. “Assessment of Innovative First-Year Courses”, Presented at the 11th International Conference on the First-Year Experience”, Dublin, Ireland, July, (1998).
4. “Portfolio as an Assessment Tool in a Freshman Design Course”, Presented at the 14 th International Conference on The First-Year Experience, Honolulu, HI, July, (2001).
5. “Building an Effective Educational Bridge between Tuskegee University and the University of Cincinnati Nuclear and Radiological Engineering Program”, Presented at the American Nuclear Society Conference, Washington, DC, November, (2004).
6. “Curriculum Development and Training for Environmental Restoration/Waste Management”, Presented at the 2006 ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) Annual Conference in Chicago, IL, June, (2006).
7. “Engineering Ethics and Society: Program Outcomes, Assessment and Evaluation”, Presented at the 2007 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference in Honolulu, HI, June, (2007).
8. “Site Analysis and Environmental Restoration”, Presented at the 2007 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference in Honolulu, HI, June, (2007).
9. “Conceptual Design of an Emission Control Subsystem”’ Presented at the 2010 PACE Global Forum, Seoul, South Korea, July, (2010).
10. “Deconstructing Engineering Education Programmes: the DEEP Project to Reform the Mechanical Engineering Curriculum”, European J. Engg. Education, p. 269-283, June, (2011).