Cesar Fermin, Ph.D.
HIV/AIDS and Developmental Neurobiology, Florida Institute of Technology, Ph.D.
Location: John A. Kenney Hall, Room 44-320
Office Phone: 334-725-2336
Dr. Fermin serves since August 2011 as Associate Dean for Graduate Studies & Research and previously as Associate Dean for Res. and Adv. Studies (ADRAS) in the College of Veterinary Medicine, Nursing & Allied Health (CVMNAH) from 2007-2011. In addition, Dr. Fermin served as Project Director for the Tuskegee Research Center in Minority Institutions (RCMI) 2008-2011, & is the international academic & scientific advisor for Univ. Tecnológica de Santiago (UTESA), in the Dominican Republic. Dr. Fermin held dozens of private & federal funded projects (e.g., National Institute of Health (NIH), National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA), Louisiana Board of Regents (LBOR), the Deafness Research Foundation (DRF) & served in the advisory board of the National Organization for Hearing Research (NOHR). Dr. Fermin is the author of hundreds of published reports in peer-review journals, symposia, book chapters, and scientific proceedings.
1. Rodriguez, S. K. Fadlalla, T. Graham, B. Tameru, C. D. Fermin and T. Samuel. Immunohistochemical Evaluation of AKT Protein Activation in Canine Mast Cell Tumours. J Comp Pathol. 2012 147:171-176 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=22289273
2. Kyoungsook Park, Abdela Woubit Salah, Cesar D. Fermin, Dai-Wu Seol, and Moonil Kim. Hypoxia inhibition of camptothecin-induced apoptosis by Bax loss. Biologia 2012: 67/3:616-621.
3. Kyoungsook Park, Jeong Min Lee, Yongwon Jung, Tsegaye Habtemariam, Abdela Woubit Salah, Cesar D. Fermin and Moonil Kim. Combination of cysteine- and oligomerization domainmediated protein immobilization on a surface plasmonresonance (SPR) gold chip surface. Analyst, 2011, 136, 2506.
4. Choi B, Fermin CD, Comardelle AM, Haislip AM, Voss TG, Garry RF. Alterations in intracellular potassium concentration by HIV-1 and SIV Nef. Virol J. 2008; 5:60 PMC2396157
5. Choi B, Gatti PJ, Fermin CD, Vigh S, Haislip AM, Garry RF. Down-regulation of cell surface CXCR4 by HIV-1. Virol J. 2008;5:6 PMC2248172
6. Choi B, Gatti PJ, Fermin CD, Vigh S, Haislip AM, Garry RF. Down-regulation of cell surface CXCR4 by HIV-1. Virol J. 2008;5:6 PMC2248172