OVERALL STUDENT OUTCOMES
At the completion of the Biology major, the graduate is able to:
- Understand and apply fundamental biological principles from the major areas of biology (ecology, genetics, evolution, cell and molecular biology, and organismal biology).
- Develop enhanced critical thinking skills
- Acquire in-depth knowledge from the major areas of biology.
- Develop effective quantitative reasoning skills.
- Acquire laboratory and field skills necessary to answer biological questions.
- Communicate precisely and analytically in written and oral forms.
- Engage independently and collaboratively in the scientific process.
- Successfully compete for enrollment in graduate and professional schools and/or careers in the biological science related field.