Adriane G. Ludwick
Professor, Department of Chemistry, College of Agricultural, Environmental and Natural Sciences
Ph.D. (1967), Physical Organic Chemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana;
Further study (1978-1980), Polymer Science, University of Michigan
Synthesis and characterization of RTM processable resins, especially phenolic resins and polycarbosilanes; examination of the biological fate of polynucleotide analogs.
- M.R. Imam and A.G. Ludwick, "Thermal and Photochemical Conversion of Polymethylsilane to Polycarbosilane", J. Ala. Acad. Sci. in press
- I. Bradford, A.G. Ludwick and Z. Zhang, "Phenolic Resins: Structure/Property Relationships", J. Ala. Acad. Sci., in press.
- A. Ludwick, Z. Zhang, T. Wellmaker, B. A. El-Nabey, E. Mansour, and A. Tadros, "AntiCorrosive Marine Coatings: A Unique Interpenetrating Network Film of Vinyl Modified Epoxy/Polyamine-Quinone Polymer", Proceedings of the 5th Arab International Conference oil Polymer Science & Technology, 521, 1999.
- H. Aglan, Y. Gan, A. Ludwick and A.A. Mansour, " Mechanisms of UV Degradation of Polypropylene Film Materials", Proceedings of the 5th Arab International Conference on Polymer Science & Technology, 2, 413, 1999.
- A.G. Ludwick, review of T. Araki, Ed., Structures and Properties of Multiphase Polymeric Materials for J. Am.. Chem. Soc., 120 (1998);
- D. Feldman and A. Barbalata, Synthetic Polymers: Technology, properties, applications, for J. Am. Chem. Soc., 119, 5080 (1997); Handbook of Polymer Science and Technology, Volumes 14, N.P. Cheremisinoff, editor, for J. Am. Chem. Soc., 113, 2344 (1991).
- A.G. Ludwick, "Supporting Research through Small Grants", presented at the Division of Professional Relations Symposium, 213th National American Chemical Society Meeting, 1997.
- A.G. Ludwick, X. Xie, and N. Vasumathi, "Influence of Boron on Polycarbosilane Composites", Technical Report, TU-ONR/AGL-4, Tuskegee University, 1994.
- X. Chen, A.G. Ludwick and V.M. Mitchell, "Hypochromicity of Uracil and 5-Fluorouracil Containing Polynucleotide Analogs," for the 45th American Chemical Society Southeast Regional Meeting, 1993.
- C. P. Monroe and A.G. Ludwick, "Hydrolysis of 2-Ethyl-2-oxazoline/Methyl a-Chloromethylacraylate Graft Copolymer", for the 205th American Chemical Society National Meeting, 1993.
- A.G. Ludwick, R.P. Walker, and R.R. Sands, "Influence of Zirconium Coating on Silicon Carbide/Lithium Aluminosilicate Interface", Technical Report, TU-ONR/AGL-3, Tuskegee University, 1993.
- A.G. Ludwick, R.P. Walker, T.H. Ibrahim, and H.H. Awad, "Zirconium Containing Preceramic Polymers: Synthesis and Characterization", Technical Report TU-NR/AGL-2 Tuskeqee University, 1993.
- A.G. Ludwick, T.H. Ibrahim, H. Phadtare, R. Walker, R.R. Sands and M. Pontelandolfo, "Interface Examination using 'Sandwich' Analog of Matrix and Reinforcement", Ceram. Eng. Sci. Proc., 13(78), 21-A.G. Ludwick, H. Phadtare and T.H. Ibrahim, "Polytitanocarbosilanes: Synthesis, Characterization and Application", Technical Report, TU-ONR/URI-AGL-l, Tuskegee University, 1992.
- A.G. Ludwick, T.H. Ibrahim, B.G. Rackley and E. King, "Polycarbosilanes: Influence of Synthetic Conditions on Properties", Am. Chem. Soc., Div. Polym. Chem., Preprints, 31(l), 501 (1990).
- A.G. Ludwick, H. Phadtare and T.H. Ibrahim, "SiC/SiC Composites Using a Polytitanocarbosilane Matrix", Technical Report, TU-ONR/URI-4C, Tuskegee University, 1990.
- A.G. Ludwick and Y. Knight Wilks, "Attempted Synthesis of a New Fluorine Containing Epoxy Resin", Technical Report, TU-ONR/URI-4D, Tuskegee University, 1990.