Mohamed A Abdalla
Assistant Professor, Chemistry
College of Arts & Sciences
Office: Armstrong Hall Rm 314
EDUCATION / TRAINING
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ph.D, 2008, Materials Science Engineering
University of Alabama at Birmingham, M.S, 2007, Materials Science Engineering
Tuskegee University, M.S, 2003, Chemistry
POSITIONS / EMPLOYMENT
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Tuskegee University, 2009 to Present
Postdoctoral Associate, Center for Functional Nanoscale Materials,Clark Atlanta University, 2008 to 2009
Dr. Abdalla received his Ph.D. from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Materials Science and Engineering. His current research focuses on polymer nanocomposite and their processing, property and structure. His area of specialty is to combine novel processing methods with chemical and physical approach to develop polymer nanoparticles for high temperature and fuel cell applications. Dr. Abdalla work also encompasses synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles; these designed nanoparticles can be used for the production of biofuels via heterogeneous catalysis.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polymer Nanocomposite
- Fuel Cell Membrane
- Biodegradable Polymers
- Sharmin, K., M.A. Abdalla, and H.A. Aglan, Effect of fumed silica nanoparticles on the proton conductivity of polyimide–phosphoric anhydride membranes. Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, 2012.
- Abdalla, M., D. Dean, M. Theodore, J. Fielding, E. Nyairo, and G. Price, Magnetically processed carbon nanotube/epoxy nanocomposites: Morphology, thermal, and mechanical properties. Polymer, 2010. 51(7): p. 1614-1620.
- Abdalla, M., D. Dean, P. Robinson, and E. Nyairo, Cure behavior of epoxy/MWCNT nanocomposites: The effect of nanotube surface modification. Polymer, 2008. 49(15): p. 3310-3317.
- Jose, M.V., B.W. Steinert, V. Thomas, D.R. Dean, M.A. Abdalla, G. Price, and G.M. Janowski, Morphology and mechanical properties of Nylon 6/MWNT nanofibers. Polymer, 2007. 48(4): p. 1096-1104.
- Abdalla, M., D. Dean, D. Adibempe, E. Nyairo, P. Robinson, and G. Thompson, The effect of interfacial chemistry on molecular mobility and morphology of multiwalled carbon nanotubes epoxy nanocomposite. Polymer, 2007. 48(19): p. 5662-5670.
- Dean, D., M.A. Abdalla, U. Vaidya, R. Ganguli, C.J. Battle, M. Abdalla, A. Haque, and S. Campbell, Processable PMR-type polyimides: Process-property relationships, curing kinetics, and thermooxidative stability. High Performance Polymers, 2005. 17(4): p. 497-514.
- Abdalla, M.O., S. Ganguli, M.A. Abdalla, D. Dean, and S. Campbell, Environmental Durability of Polymerization of Monomer Reactants-type Polyimide-Clay Nanocomposites. High Performance Polymers, 2005. 17(2): p. 239-250.
- Polymer Chemistry (CHEM.0524)
- Organic Chemistry II Lab (CHEM 323)
- Organic Chemistry I Lab (CHEM 322)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHEM 320)
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi, 2006
- Member, The International Professional Honor Society For Materials Science And Engineering , 2006
- Member, Alpha Sigma Mu, 2005
- Member, The North American Thermal Analysis Society , 2003
- Member, American Chemical Society, 2002
- Member, Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society, 2002
- Member, National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemist and Engineers , 2002