Godfrey T. Vincent, Ph.D.
Interim Department Head, History & Political Science
Associate Professor of History
Office Phone: 334-727-8105
Office Location: John A. Kenney Hall, Rm 70-106
- New World Slavery and Emancipation
- Racism and Segregation
- Civil Rights and Affirmative Action
- Social Movements and Change; Globalization and Political Economy
- Labor History, focusing on new forms of labor struggles and organizations
- Dr. Joe Jimmeh
Department of History & Political Science
- Dr. Immanuel Ness
Department of Political Science
Brooklyn College, CUNY & The CUNY Graduate Center
Professor Godfrey Vincent received his Ph.D from Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland in 2011. His current research focuses on Neo-liberal Globalization. Addressing the issues of income inequality in the Global South, exploitation of resources, and governance, Dr. Vincent’s group is currently developing alternative models of development that seeks to address all forms of disparities.
- Vincent, Godfrey. "Lennox Pierre," in Franklin W. Knight and Henry Louis Gates, eds. Dictionary of Caribbean and Afro-Latin American Biography. New York: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Vincent, Godfrey, "George Weekes, and the Oilfields Workers' Trade Union, 1962-1997," in Immanuel Ness and Zak Cope, eds. Palgrave Encyclopedia of Imperialism and Anti-Imperialism. London: Palgrave MacMillan, 2016
- Vincent, Godfrey, "Resistance to Imperialism in the Caribbean, 1856-1983," in Immanuel Ness and Zak Cope, eds. Palgrave Encyclopedia of Imperialism and Anti-Imperialism. London: Palgrave MacMillan, 2016.
- Vincent, Godfrey, Joe Jimmeh, and Lisa Bratton. South Africa: Past, Present, and Future (2015). Cognella Academic Publishing, San Diego, CA.
- Vincent, Godfrey. The African Diaspora: Experiences, Engagements and New Challenges (2014). Cognella Academic Publishing, San Diego, CA.
- Vincent, Godfrey; Jimmeh, Joe. Contending Perspectives on Neoliberal Globalization (2014). Cognella Academic Publishing, San Diego, CA.
- Vincent, Godfrey. Review of Politics of Identity in Small Plural Societies: Guyana, Fiji Islands, Trinidad and Tobago by Stacey-Ann Wilson. WorkingUSA: The Journal of Labor and Society, Vol. 15, No. 3 (Sept., 2012) : 460-465.
- Vincent, Godfrey. “The Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union, Trinidad and Tobago (1937- ).” The International Encyclopedia of Revolution and Protest. Ness, Immanuel (ed). Blackwell Online. May 23 2012.
- Vincent, Godfrey. Review of Eric Williams and the Making of the Modern Caribbean by Colin A. Palmer. Journal of International Working Class History, 71, Issue 01 (2007) : 220-223.