Faculty are also involved in a variety of collaborative activities with P - 12 schools and with faculty in other units of the institution, and with organizations and groups outside the unit. A few examples of collaborative activities include:
- A partnership with D. C. Wolfe Elementary School. (PDS site)
- A partnership with the West Alabama Learning Coalition
- Participation of the Tuskegee University Literacy Council in the Dr. Seuss celebration at the Professional Development School
- The ACCLAIM Project, a collaborative effort within the Tuskegee University Macon County School Partnership
- The Lilly Endowment grant, a collaborative project between the University and the Professional Development School
- West Alabama Learning Coalition, Tuskegee University Conference. A meeting at the Kellogg Conference Center to bring together representatives from the University, the community, area churches, the county school system, local government and businesses to address the importance of and need for collaboration among all parties for effective schools
- Eight standing committees in the unit whose membership consist of P - 12 educators, professional education faculty, and faculty from other units in the institution
- Supervision of student teachers and pre-clinical candidates.
- Macon County Betterment Association
- Education students volunteered to work with the Bradford Chapel Food Bank Drive.