Academic Terms: "Alumni" and others
alumna - Use this singular term for a female graduate.
alumnae - Use this plural term for a group of female graduates.
alumni - Use this plural term for former students or graduates, whether referring to a group of males or a group consisting of males and females.
alumnus - Use this singular term for a male graduate.
alma mater - A term that may be used when referring to Tuskegee University, the university from which you have graduated.
Bachelor of Arts - B.A.
Bachelor of Science - B.S.
Doctor of Philosophy - Ph.D.
Master of Arts - M.A.
Master of Science - M.S.
Tuskegee University's alumni associations:
- Tuskegee National Alumni Association, Inc. (TNAA)
- Tuskegee Architecture and Construction Alumni Association (TACAA)
- Eminent 1000 Plus/Tuskegee University Agricultural, Environmental and Natural Sciences Alumni Association (TUAENSAA)
- Tuskegee University National Athletic Association (TUNAA)
- Tuskegee Nursing Alumni (TNA)
- Tuskegee University Band Alumni Association (TUBAA)
- Tuskegee Veterinary Medical Alumni Association (TVMAA)
- Tuskegee Engineers Alumni Association (TEAA)
- Tuskegee Alumni Housing Foundation (TAHF)