Important Commencement Day Information
SPRING COMMENCEMENT 2016
Saturday, May 7, 2016 - 10:00 a.m. CST
Daniel Chappie James Center
At this time, graduating seniors will receive 5 tickets for entry to the commencement exercises. Also, each graduate will be provided with 4 tickets for the Parent and Graduates Reception along with their commencement tickets at the rehearsal.
- Primary Location: Daniel Chappie James Center on May 7 at 10:00 a.m. (with tickets)
- Overflow Location: the University Chapel and Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center auditorium (tickets not required)
- Live Streaming on Commencement day: www.tuskegee.edu/live
Doors to the James Center will open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 9:15 a.m. for the line of march. NO ENTRY INTO THE ARENA DURING THE PROCESSIONAL. The processional will begin at 9:30 a.m. You must have a ticket to enter the arena, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not have a ticket, please proceed to one of the satellite locations listed below.
The following areas have been designated as satellite locations for viewing Commencement remotely:
SECTIONS FOR THE DISABLED
- The University Chapel
- The Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center Auditorium
Sections are available in the "Chappie" James Center for disabled individuals who use wheelchairs. Graduating seniors should inform appropriate University personnel in advance of any special needs of family members or guests.
DESIGNATED PUBLIC PARKING
- Behind Foster Hall
- In front of Harvey Hall
- Behind the Chapel
- Beside Kenney Hall
- Handicapped parking near Foster Hall
- Disabled Parking
- Designated parking for the disabled will be in the Foster Hall (Engineering building) parking lot. Please consult the campus map for regular parking.
On-campus shuttle service will begin at 8:30 am from designated parking lots on Commencement Day.
On Commencement day go to www.tuskegee.edu/live
, or the Tuskegee University homepage www.tuskegee.edu
and click on LIVE Commencement Webcast
. Then, sit back and enjoy the event. The broadcast will begin at 9:30 a.m.
This page will be updated as information becomes available.