Thank you for your interest in covering the Tuskegee University Commencement and Pre-Commencement Ceremonies
All media – reporters, photographers, videographers, bloggers – interested in covering Tuskegee University Commencement and Pre-Commencement activities must request media credentials no later than May 7, 2013.
Media Credentials for the Commencement Activities:
- Tuskegee’s Commencement ceremony will be held Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. CST at the Gen. Daniel “Chappie” James Center
- Honorable Tom Vilsack, Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture will be the commencement speaker and will receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree
- Tuskegee University expects to graduate approximately 550 students (undergraduate and graduate/Ph.D.)
- The commencement ceremonies will be streamed live at www.tuskegee.edu/Live starting promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Please submit credential request by May 7th using the Media Credential Form
- Credentials can be picked up in person on the day of the event
- Logistic details will be forwarded to media on or before May 9, 2013
James Henry Meriwether Henderson Hall Ribbon Cutting Ceremony:
- The Baccalaureate ceremony will be held Friday, May 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. CST at the Gen. Daniel “Chappie” James Center
- Media interested in covering the Baccalaureate should submit credential their request by May 7th using the Media Credential Form – this form can also be found at www.tuskegee.edu/mediacredentials
- Marc Morial, president and CEO of the National Urban League is the speaker and will receive an honorary Doctor of Laws degree
Photo, Video, Speech Request:
Credential Pick Up:
- The Henderson Hall ribbon cutting ceremony will take place Friday, May 10, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. Media check-in will be 3:45 p.m.
- Tom Vilsack, Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture
- Gilbert L. Rochon, Ph.D., M.P.H. President and University Professor
- Retired Maj. Gen. Charles E. Williams, U.S. Army Core of Engineers and Chairman, Tuskegee University Board of Trustees
- Luther S. Williams, Ph.D., Provost and Executive Vice President
- Walter A. Hill, Ph.D., Dean and Vice Provost, College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences
- Media interested in covering should submit credential request by May 7th using the Media Credential Form
Media Parking: (For All Events)
- Tuskegee University, Office of Communications, Marketing and Public Relations, 2nd Floor, Kresge Center
- Media may park in the parking lot adjacent to the “Chappie” James Center (across from the airplane). Parking passes may be picked up with credentials.