Scholars Program (Computer Science)
Qualifications and Selection Process
Incoming Freshmen Students can be awarded Computer Science Department scholarships up to the amount of $5000 for the academic year. Each scholarship recipient’s academic performance will be evaluated at the end of the semester in order to determine whether he or she receives the scholarship for the next semester. Following are the minimum qualifications to be considered for Computer Science (CS) department scholarships as an incoming freshman.*
- Acceptance to Tuskegee University as a freshman with a declared major of Computer Science (CS), Information Systems (IS), or Information Technology (IT)
- Enrollment in CS major courses (i.e. CS and math)
- Cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- ACT Math Score: 24 or SAT Math Score: 540
Students meeting the above described minimum qualifications may be contacted for a faculty interview and invited to continue the selection process. If you are not contacted, but wish to be considered, please contact the Department of Computer Science at 334-727-4593.
* The scholarship is subject to Tuskegee University rules and regulations regarding scholarship and financial aid. Meeting the CS department scholarship requirements DOES NOT guarantee selection as a Department of Computer Science Scholarship Recipient.