Posting Date: March 18, 2020 Posting End Date: March 31, 2020
Position: Administrative Assistant Location: Career Development/Student Affairs
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Administrative Assistant will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Distributing career resources based on students' inquires or needs.
- Overseeing the Career Planning & Development tracking.
- Providing a high level of customer service and responding to phone and email inquiries.
Employer Relations Operations
- Conducting research on local and national organizations and outreach to target those who best fit Tuskegee University.
- Calling and emailing employers to coordinate meetings with Career Development & Planning.
- Assists with maintaining current employer relationships.
- Assists with coordinating and hosting of employer information sessions and on-campus interviews.
- Assisting the Director in efforts to track the placement of Tuskegee University graduates.
- Assisting in the development of employer sponsors and registration with Handshake.
Marketing & Social Media
- Submits marketing requests for the creation of fliers/banners for campus advertisements.
- Marketing events and office services using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc).
- Assisting with the production of the monthly newsletter as needed.
- Coordinate details for Career Fairs/Events.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of programs throughout the year.
- Provides logistical support for all programs and career events.
- Collaborates with all departmental staff to host career fairs and other events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general office duties, including answering phones using good customer service, greeting students, parents, families, faculty, staff, alumni, guests and visitors, scheduling appointments, preparing materials, filing, and processing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepares staff and student files and assist with database entry and maintenance of participant services and activities.
- Ensures accurate data entry, filing, record retrieval, and reporting both manually and electronically
- Assists with tracking programs and budget expenditures. Reconciles college budget statements with internal program budget spreadsheets
- Assists with developing communication activities (i.e., newsletters, bulletins, flyers, calendars, social media, etc.)
- Provides staff support during each program meetings by scheduling, taking minutes and preparing meeting minutes
- Maintains office supplies, coordinates travel and completes the purchase order requests process.
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain knowledge and implement more effective and efficient processes
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the department, division, and University.
- May require evening and weekend hours of operation during major programs and events such as Career Fairs and other recruitment activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned which support the purpose and initiatives of the Division of Student Affairs and Tuskegee University.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Professional Administration, or related preferred.
- One to three years of experience required.
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.