Close this Alert

Close this Alert
Page Header

Work study

Student Employment

Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, by giving them an opportunity to earn money to help pay educational expenses.  All jobs are on the Tuskegee University campus.

How do I obtain my job assignment?

  • Go to the Financial Aid website:
  • Click on the "Workstudy Portal" link.
  • Go to the "sign-up now" link and enter your information.
  • Once the information is received and your account is set to "eligible" you will be able to apply for workstudy positions.

You must have three (3) forms of ID before you are allowed to sign your contract.  They are:

  • Driver's license or birth certificate
  • Social security card
  • School ID
  • U. S. Passport (international students only)
  • Work permit (international students only)

How many hours a week can I work?

You can only work twelve (12) hours per week and amount you earn cannot exceed your federal work study award.

When will I be paid?

Work study students are paid once a month.  They are paid on the 14th of each month.