his conference is designed for middle, high school and community youth groups as a follow-up and as a component of youth development and 4-H curricula for the Tuskegee University Cooperative Extension Program.
The curricula also include previous and upcoming youth entrepreneurship science and GIS leadership, healthy behavior, and other conference and workshops in the counties and on Tuskegee University's campus. The goal is thus to have attendees receive practical and engaging educational experiences that will increase their knowledge and transform their behavior. Through a series of interactive workshop sessions on healthy life styles, teen leadership, and entrepreneurship, youth participants will (1) increase awareness, (2) develop and build skills, and (3) be motivated to become young entrepreneurs, youth Extension paraprofessionals, and serve their communities as youth volunteers and leaders.
SPECIAL GUEST FEATURE: PORTIA SHEPHERD
“PORTIA TAKES ON THE BLACKBELT”
Extensions Specialists for youth development programs include Dr. Nickey Jefferson, Dr. Prosper Doamekpor, and Mrs. Janet Sullen.
County Extension Educators are:
- Gary Walton (Sumter/Marengo Counties)
- Millicent Braxton and Walter Baldwin (Macon/Montgomery Counties)
- Yvonne Allen and George Hunter (Lowndes/Wilcox Counties)
- Gertrude Wall and Alphonso Elliott (Dallas/Perry Counties)
- Gwendolyn Johnson and Alfred Jackson (Greene/Hale Counties)
- LaTanya Hunt-Haralson, Jeffery Moore, and Jermelle' Custer (Barbour/Bullock Counties)
For more information, please contact: Jay Custer, Phone: 334.738.2580, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org