Chukwuemeka Okere, PhD – Research Associate Professor of Animal Science
107 Mary Starke Harper Hall
Area: Animal Sciences
- To utilize assisted reproductive techniques to make rapid advances in genetic selection and improvement of desirable traits in meat goat production.
- To develop new genetic testing programs to accelerate improvement of economic traits, including growth performance, reproductive survival and meat quality
- Development of feeding and management programs to improve the competitiveness of meat goat industry in central Alabama.
- To develop means of improving growth rate, feed efficiency, and survivability, including research aimed at reducing the prevalence and impact of infectious diseases in meat goatherd.
- To conduct research aimed at improving reproductive efficiency and increasing perinatal survival in the meat breeding stock.
- Develop an integrated parasite management program.
- To access genotype and nutrition interaction on carcass yield and meat quality in goats.