Professor of Electrical Engineering and
Interim Head, Electrical Engineering Dept.
Tuskegee, AL 36088
Over 25 years of engineering, teaching, research and management responsibilities in engineering, academic and research environments including: Associate VP, International Education, Research and Development; Program Manager; NASA; Dean of Engineering College; Head of Engineering Department; Visiting Research Professor; Member of Technical Staff, etc.
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO MS, Electrical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
BS, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Associate Vice President, Division of International Education, Research and Development, July 2012 – July 31, 2015
Interim Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture & Physical Sciences (1996 – 1999) Chair, Dept. of Electrical Engineering (1993-1996)
Program Manager, NASA Office of Education, Ames Research Center, CA. (2007-2009) Program Manager, NASA Office of Education, NASA Hqtrs, Washington DC (2005-2007) NASA Administrator Fellow (NASA Marshall Space Flight Center) 2000 – 2003
The Boeing Welliver Fellow Summer 2000
Faculty – NC A&T, Greensboro NC Visiting Professor, Cornell University
Visiting Scientist, GE R&D, Schenectady, NY
Faculty/Special Assistant to the Vice Chancellor on Technology Development, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria
Member of Technical Staff, Bell Laboratories, Whippany NJ
Renewable Energies/Energy Conversions/Energy Management
Senior Member, IEEE Member, ASEE
Member, Electrical Manufacturing & Coil Winding Association
1. Oni, B.O. Observations of Voltage Breakdown in Ultra-Low Pressure Environments Under Varied Voltage and Frequency Conditions” (Volume No. 12, Issue No. 4) of Journal on Electrical Engineering (JEE), April-June 2019
2. Obadolagbonyi O., Oni, B., Ndoye, M., Comparative Thermal Performances of Different Envelope Wall Designs for Sustainable Solar Cooling” 9th International Conference on Appropriate Technology (ICAT), November 2020
3. Obadolagbonyi O., Oni, B., Ndoye, M., Comparative Thermal Performances of Different Envelope Roof Designs for Sustainable Solar Cooling” Journal on Civil Engineering (JCE), November 2020
4. Cristopher Luciano, Kennedy A. Aganah, Mandoye Ndoye, Ben Oni, New SwitchedMulti-Source Inverter Topology with Optimum Number of Used Switches, Power Africa 2018, South Africa, June 26-29, 2018r
5. S. Ahmed, N. Korivi, L. Jiang, B. Oni, "Improving Interfacial Adhesion Between Active Material and Solid Electrolytes in Thin Film Supercapacitors," 45th Conference on the Physics & Chemistry of Surfaces & Interfaces (PCSI-45), HI, USA, January 14-18, 2018.
6. Oni, B. Viswanathan, V, Establishing Learning Communities among Engineering Freshmen through Peer-group Tutoring Program, V.,2016 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE)
7. Oni, B. Viswanathan, V, Baah, D., Work-in-progress – Dealing with “Formulaholic” – The formulae syndrome of the new generation engineering students, First Year Engineering Experience (FYEE) Conference, July 31 – August 2, 2016, Columbus, OH
8. Oni, B. O., Griffin, W., Electrical Energy Conservation in Manufacturing, EMCWA Annual Conference, Indianapolis, OH, Sept., 22, 2004
9. Oni, B. O., Application of Industry Product Development and Quality Assurance Model in Engineering Education. ASEE / WFEO International Colloquium; Nashville, TN, 2003; http://www.asee.org/conferences/international2003/Posters/Oni.pdf
10. Oni, B. O., Editorial Report (Electrical Engineering), the Curriculum Foundations Project, Mathematics Association of America (MAA) http://www.maa.org/cupm/crafty/cf_project.htmlChapter 8, May 2000-Jan 2003
11. Chuku, A., Oni, B.O., Integrated Engineering Education Through Multi-Disciplinary Nationally Relevant Project: The Solar Decathlon Project, 2003.
12. BO Oni, Optimizing Solar Air Conditioning Effectiveness through Radiant Energy Control, International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE) Summer Workshop, June 9-11, 2012.
13. BO Oni, NO Egiebor, NJ Ekekwe, A. Chuku - Corrosion Behavior of Tin-Plated Carbon Steel and Aluminum in NaCl Solutions
Using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, Vol. 7, No.4, pp
14. Egiebor, N.O., Oni, B.O., Acid Rock Drainage Formation and Treatment: A Review, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages 47-62, January/February 2007, Online ISSN: 1932-2143, Print ISSN: 1932-2135 http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/114265789/ABSTRACT
15. Oni, B. O., Application of Industry Product Development and Quality Assurance Model in Engineering Education. ASEE / WFEO International Colloquium; Nashville, TN, 2003; http://www.asee.org/conferences/international2003/Posters/Oni.pdf
16. Report Editor (Electrical Engineering), the Curriculum Foundations Project, Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
http://www.maa.org/cupm/crafty/cf_project.html Chapter 8, May 2000-Jan 2003.
17. Chuku, A.U., Oni, B. O., Tutorial – Calculating Transmission Line Parameters, IEEE Power Engineering Society, Summer
Meeting, Chicago, July, 2002.
18. Ekekwe, N., Ndubah, J.E., White, K., Oni, B.O., Practical Process in High Frequency Distribution Transformer Design, EMCWA Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, Sept. 23-25, 2003.
19. Oni, B.O., Griffin, T., Cunningham, K., Kapustka, B., Luna, S., Characterizing Space-Flight Inductors and Transformer Failures, NASA EEE Links, http://nepp.nasa.gov/eeelinks/August2002/toc.htm, Aug., 2002.
20. Oni, B. O., Chuku, A.U., Enhancing Power Systems Reliability using Fuel Cell Generation Injection at Distribution Level. 4th
International Conference of Power Systems Operation and Planning (ICPSOP) -pp. 256-258, ‘00.
21. Oni, Ben. Contributing Author, Comprehensive Dictionary of Electrical Engineering, ISBN 3-540-64835-6, CRC – IEEE Press, 1999.
22. Oni, B.O., The Concept of National Cooperative Power Pool in an Unregulated Power Systems Environment, Proceedings of the 24th Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, March 1-3, 1992. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, pp 620-623.