Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and
Interim Head, Electrical Engineering Dept.
Tuskegee, AL 36088
Over 25 years of engineering, teaching, research and management responsibilities in engineering, academic and research environments including: Associate VP, International Education, Research and Development; Program Manager; NASA; Dean of Engineering College; Head of Engineering Department; Visiting Research Professor; Member of Technical Staff, etc.
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO MS, Electrical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
BS, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Associate Vice President, Division of International Education, Research and Development, July 2012 – July 31, 2015
Interim Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture & Physical Sciences (1996 – 1999) Chair, Dept. of Electrical Engineering (1993-1996)
Program Manager, NASA Office of Education, Ames Research Center, CA. (2007-2009) Program Manager, NASA Office of Education, NASA Hqtrs, Washington DC (2005-2007) NASA Administrator Fellow (NASA Marshall Space Flight Center) 2000 – 2003
The Boeing Welliver Fellow Summer 2000
Faculty – NC A&T, Greensboro NC Visiting Professor, Cornell University
Visiting Scientist, GE R&D, Schenectady, NY
Faculty/Special Assistant to the Vice Chancellor on Technology Development, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria
Member of Technical Staff, Bell Laboratories, Whippany NJ
Renewable Energies/Energy Conversions/Energy Management
Senior Member, IEEE Member, ASEE
Member, Electrical Manufacturing & Coil Winding Association
1. BO Oni, Optimizing Solar Air Conditioning Effectiveness through Radiant Energy Control, International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE) Summer Workshop, June 9-11, 2012.
2. BO Oni, NO Egiebor, NJ Ekekwe, A. Chuku - Corrosion Behavior of Tin-Plated Carbon Steel and Aluminum in NaCl Solutions
Using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, Vol. 7, No.4, pp
3. Egiebor, N.O., Oni, B.O., Acid Rock Drainage Formation and Treatment: A Review, Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages 47-62, January/February 2007, Online ISSN: 1932-2143, Print ISSN: 1932-2135 http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/114265789/ABSTRACT
4. Oni, B. O., Griffin, W., Electrical Energy Conservation in Manufacturing, EMCWA Annual Conference, Indianapolis, OH, Sept., 22, 2004.
5. Oni, B. O., Application of Industry Product Development and Quality Assurance Model in Engineering Education. ASEE / WFEO International Colloquium; Nashville, TN, 2003; http://www.asee.org/conferences/international2003/Posters/Oni.pdf
6. Report Editor (Electrical Engineering), the Curriculum Foundations Project, Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
http://www.maa.org/cupm/crafty/cf_project.html Chapter 8, May 2000-Jan 2003.
7. Chuku, A.U., Oni, B. O., Tutorial – Calculating Transmission Line Parameters, IEEE Power Engineering Society, Summer
Meeting, Chicago, July, 2002.
8. Ekekwe, N., Ndubah, J.E., White, K., Oni, B.O., Practical Process in High Frequency Distribution Transformer Design, EMCWA Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, Sept. 23-25, 2003.
9. Oni, B.O., Griffin, T., Cunningham, K., Kapustka, B., Luna, S., Characterizing Space-Flight Inductors and Transformer Failures, NASA EEE Links, http://nepp.nasa.gov/eeelinks/August2002/toc.htm, Aug., 2002.
10. Oni, B. O., Chuku, A.U., Enhancing Power Systems Reliability using Fuel Cell Generation Injection at Distribution Level. 4th
International Conference of Power Systems Operation and Planning (ICPSOP) -pp. 256-258, ‘00.
11. Oni, Ben. Contributing Author, Comprehensive Dictionary of Electrical Engineering, ISBN 3-540-64835-6, CRC – IEEE Press, 1999.
12. Oni, B.O., The Concept of National Cooperative Power Pool in an Unregulated Power Systems Environment, Proceedings of the 24th Southeastern Symposium on System Theory, March 1-3, 1992. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, pp 620-623.