The admissions process timetable is as follows:
- September 15th: Deadline for all VMCAS and TU supplemental application and documents to be submitted (including official transcripts, GRE scores and references).
- October to November: Review Process
- January to February: Applicant Interviews
- February to March: Notification of offers for admissions, alternate status, and applicants no longer under consideration.
- mid-August: College begins
Selection is based on all of the data submitted by and on behalf of the applicant, not only on academic achievement.
The admissions process includes:
Phase 1: Assessment of applications by the Office of Admissions
The Office of Admissions evaluates each application for completion and minimal academic requirements.
Phase 2: Assessment of applications ---- review by the Committee
Following review by the Office of Admissions, the Admissions Committee reviews each application and places it into one of the five categories based upon the pre-veterinary academic performance (cumulative GPA, science GPA, and GRE scores) of the applicant. The categories are as follows:
- Candidates who satisfy the criteria of articulation agreements for admission
- Strong candidates who exceed the minimal academic requirements
- Candidates who meet minimal academic requirements.
- Applicants who do not qualify for consideration due to poor academic performance and/or other weaknesses as specified in the College’s “Guidelines for Admissions“. These applicants are sent denial notices including reason(s) for denial.
The Committee reviews further the applicant folders in the first three of these groups and designates each applicant as:
- Good candidate, interview required
- Good candidate, no interview required (i.e., re-applicants who previously had a successful interview)
Phase 3: Interview Process ---- Committee Members, Faculty, Staff, and Alumni
The interview process is critical for admission to the professional program. All applicants must successfully complete this phase before they can be recommended for admission.
Phase 4: Notification
After completion of the interview process, the completed folders for applicants that have completed Phase Three will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee. Based on this assessment, the Committee will recommend one of the following:
3. Not recommended