Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer students are a vital and growing part of the Tuskegee University student body. A limited number of renewable merit scholarship opportunities are set aside exclusively for incoming transfer students who have shown previous academic success and outstanding promise prior to their enrollment. There is no separate scholarship application. All transfer students are considered for these opportunities on the basis of their admissions applications and supporting documentation (e.g. official transcripts, etc.)
Please note, the Alabama Transfer Incentive Grant is ONLY for qualified Alabama residents.
2020-2021 Academic Scholarships and Grants for Transfer Students
||Cumulative College GPA
||Accepted Transfer Credit Hours
||Cumulative College GPA Required for Renewal
||Earned Hours Required Each Year to Renew
|Tuskegee University Merit Scholarship
||Full-tuition and $800 Book Stipend
|Tuskegee University Transfer Grant
||$5,000 per year
|Alabama Transfer Incentive Grant
||$5,000 per year plus Housing
Merit Based Scholarship and Grant Policies
- Scholarships and grant funds awarded, once combined with Federal Student Aid and any external awards cannot exceed the total cost of attendance.
- If your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) reveals that you are eligible for Federal Grant Aid, your institutional scholarship and grant awards will be adjusted to direct cost of attendance.
- All new students are required to pay a non-refundable $400.00 enrollment fee by the priority deadline of May 1, 2020. If enrollment fee is not received, the award is subject to cancellation.
- Scholarship and Grant awards DO NOT cover the University's non-refundable enrollment fee.
- Recipients of the aforementioned University merit scholarships and grants must meet the cumulative college grade point average and completed credit hours for each academic year to maintain the award and apply for the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) and Thurgood Marshall Foundation Scholarships.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other terms or years of entry to Tuskegee University, and it is not transferable to other institutions or individuals.
- Scholarships and grants are subject to availability of University funds and the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- The University reserves the right to revoke any scholarship and grant awards for students whose final cumulative transfer grade point average falls below the scholarship requirement.
Important Dates and Deadlines