Appeals by Graduate Students

A student has the right to appeal decisions regarding his/her academic performance or academic requirements. Before initiating a petition for appeal, the student should attempt to resolve the problem directly with the instructor, person concerned, and/or departmental faculty.

If the student has justification for an appeal beyond the departmental faculty or head of the department, he/she must submit a written statement to the dean of the college, who will outline procedures to resolve the matter. If the matter is not resolved, the student has the right to appeal to the Dean of Graduate School, who will take a final action on the matter.